- Dynamic and cascading prompts. Base report prompts on dynamic values. You will no longer need to maintain
static prompt value lists within individual reports because you can reuse existing prompts stored in the repository.
- Dependency checker. Use the dependency checker to instantly find broken links, formula errors, and dependency
issues before reports are published and distributed.
- Dynamic image location. Pictures and graphics can be placed in a report through a link in the database
so that you no longer need to store images within the database.
- Hierarchical grouping. Users can create their reports in a hierarchical rather than just a relational
manner. This provides a better fit for organizational charts and summary reports.
- Visual report designer. Quickly design interactive reports using an intuitive, drag-and-drop interface
and object-oriented explorers.
- Experts and wizards. Use optional experts and wizards to simplify common reporting tasks such as connecting
to a data source, selecting, grouping, sorting, and summarizing data.
- Any report type. Create virtually any report you need including cross-tab, conditional, top N/bottom
N, summary/drill-down, form, mailing label, OLAP, and subreport.
- Charting and mapping. Increase the graphical impact of your reports by choosing from a wide variety of
map and chart types, including bar/3D bar, pie/doughnut, line, Gantt, gauge, funnel, XY scatter, ranged map, dot
density map, and more.
- Drag-and-drop charting and cross tabs. For intelligent charting where Crystal Reports will select the
best chart style based upon the data in your report. Chart design is faster and easier because charts will be automatically
updated when new variables are added.
- Reusable report objects. Expedite the report design process by storing key report objects - including
text objects, SQL commands, bitmaps, and custom functions (formulas) - in a central managed library for sharing,
reuse, and single-point updating across multiple reports.
- Customizable templates. Spend less time formatting individual reports. Design and apply customized templates
that specify standards in formatting and logic - including data access operations - to ensure design consistency
across reports. You can even use existing reports as templates.
- Powerful formula language. Use the extensive formula language in Crystal Reports with over 160 built-in
and user-defined functions and operators to tightly control report formatting, complex logic, and data selection.
A call-stack makes debugging data-level errors easy. A formula extractor and formula workshop are also included.
- Custom functions. Eliminate redundant formula creation. Extract business logic from formulas to create
custom functions so you can use them across multiple reports.
- Asymmetric reporting. Provide a customized view of OLAP grids. With asymmetric reporting, you can hide
specific dimensions of data so that end users only see relevant and valuable data.
- Access and Excel add-ins. Use an intuitive wizard to easily design a Crystal report from within Microsoft
Access or Excel.
- Designer improvements. Designing reports is easier with the start page that appears each time you
open Crystal Reports. The updated visual report designer allows you to point and click so you can create reports
without the need for intensive coding.